The 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympic Games unfortunately had to be postponed. However, the Tokyo Olympics will be held between 21 July and 8 August this year. While some may be a little hesitant, we think it’s about time we get excited to watch the world’s best athletes competing for that coveted gold!
If you’ve been wondering where to watch the Olympic games, you've come to the right place. But first, let’s look at the schedule that’s been put forward so you know when your favourite events are being held!
Although the opening ceremony took place on 23 July, there are several events, including baseball, softball, and soccer that kicked off on 21 July. Here are the dates for a few of the major sports (including Preliminary rounds):
- Swimming from 24 July to 1 August
- Fencing from 24 July to 1 August
- Badminton from 24 July to 2 August
- Table tennis from 24 July to 6 August
- Diving from 25 July to 7 August
- Basketball from 25 July to 8 August
- Football from 21 July to 7 August
- Athletics from 30 July to 8 August
For the full list of dates, please refer to the official Tokyo Olympics schedule page.
Wondering which athletes are most likely to light up the headlines due to their performances during this year’s Olympics? Here are some of the stand-out stars we think are worth keeping an eye out for:
- Joseph Schooling, Singapore, Swimming
- Quah Zheng Wen, Singapore, Swimming
- Caeleb Dressel, USA, Swimming
- Simone Biles, USA, Artistic Gymnastics
- Shaunae Miller-Uibo, Bahamas, Athletics
- Pat McCormack, GB, Boxing
- Ariarne Titmus, Australia, Swimming
Unsure where to watch the Olympics this year? We’ve got you covered. There are several of options available:
Avoid interruptions when watching your favourite events at the Tokyo Olympics by getting the best broadband connection you can find.
Check out the home broadband offers at M1. Its ultra-fast Broadband packages are not only incredibly affordable but also provide uninterrupted network connection when you need it the most.
Plus, with M1’s lightning-fast mobile broadband speeds, you won’t have to worry about missing out on the action when you’re on the go. A Bespoke Plan at M1 lets you increase your data allowance on the fly so you can watch the Olympics without busting your limit, and switch it back to your usual allowance once the games end.
Flexibility, fast speeds, and seamless connectivity - what else do you need to enjoy the Olympic games? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook and Instagram using #M1Olympics2021.