Terms & Conditions for M1 Online Transactions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES THEREIN, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN ADDITION TO ANY OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS MAY BE APPLICABLE TO YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DISCONTINUE YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES THEREIN. ALL CONTENT OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THE SITE IS STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL AND INDIVIDUAL USE ONLY, AND MAY NOT BE USED FOR COMMERCIAL OR OTHER PURPOSES WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF M1. M1 MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OR REVISE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WHICH WILL BE PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE. BY ACCESING AND/OR USING THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT OR SERVICES THEREIN, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ANY SUCH CHANGES OR REVISIONS. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF ANY SUCH CHANGES OR REVISIONS.
- In these Terms and Conditions, the following terms and expressions shall have the following meanings: “Agreement” refers to these Terms and Conditions for M1 Online Transactions;
“Content” refers to any and all material available on this Site including without limitation M1’s logos and all other trademarks, logos, trade names and service marks, and any advertisements or promotional material;
“Customer”, “you” or “your” refers to any person that accesses and/or uses the Site and makes any online transactions including any purchase of, or subscription to any Services via the Site;
“M1 Shop” refers to any of our retail outlets, from time to time;
“Products” refers to all products and equipment provided by the Site (including without limitation mobile phones/ data devices/ accessories/ goods);
“Site” refers to www.m1.com.sg;
“Services” refers to (i) all services provided by M1 on the Site (including without limitation mobile services, fixed line services, IPTV services and transactions ancillary thereto) and (ii) all sales, purchases and supplies of Products;
Any and all references to "we", "us", "our" or “M1” shall refer to the relevant M1 entity that is providing the Service to you (including its successors and assigns).
- The headings used in these Terms and Conditions are for convenient reference only and do not affect interpretation.
- Words indicating the singular include the plural and vice versa, and words indicating a gender include every gender, unless the context otherwise requires.
- No adverse inference shall be drawn against the party responsible for the preparation of these Terms and Conditions.
- ACCESS AND USE
- The Services on the Site are provided within Singapore only, unless otherwise agreed by M1.
- Your access and use of the Site and the Services provided on the Site are subject to M1’s prices and to the fullest extent permissible at law; no requests for refunds will be entertained. All prices are inclusive of applicable GST, unless otherwise stated. Any disputes raised by you in relation to billing or payment shall be treated in accordance with M1’s General Terms and Conditions.
- All orders for Services are subject to compliance with these Terms and Conditions, M1’s General Terms and Conditions, applicable service specific terms and conditions and policies as stated on www.m1.com.sg, subscription eligibility rules and registration guidelines, and the terms of any end user contract, as may be required by M1. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between any of these terms, such conflict or inconsistency shall be resolved in a manner most favourable to M1, as determined by M1 at its sole and absolute discretion.
- With respect to all promotions in respect of the Services offering gifts or premiums, all gifts and premiums are only available while stocks last. M1 reserves the right to substitute any gifts or premiums with another item of similar value subject to availability of stocks. For the avoidance of doubt, to the fullest extent permissible by law, M1 makes no warranties express or implied as to the gift or premium and will not be responsible for the accuracy of any descriptions or specifications, or for any defects or failures thereto, whatsoever however arising.
- You are responsible for the security of your account information, including without limitation usernames and/or passwords in relation to the Site and the Services. In the event of any compromise in the security of your username and/or password, you must inform us immediately. Until such notification is received and confirmed by us and access is disabled at your request, you shall be responsible for all consequences arising from any unauthorized or fraudulent use of the Site and the Services.
- Without prejudice to the generality of these Terms and Conditions, M1 may at its sole and absolute discretion, modify remove suspend or disable the Site, or discontinue, withdraw or suspend any Services without notice or liability to you. For the avoidance of doubt, all pricing and availability of Services on the Site are subject to change and M1 does not guarantee that such information will be error-free, complete, accurate or reliable. M1 reserves the right to reject or cancel any orders resulting from such errors or inaccuracy, without liability to you.
- You shall use the Services for lawful purposes only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Without prejudice to the generality of the aforesaid, you may not resell, distribute, provide, sublicense or offer in any way whatsoever, any Services to any third party whether for profit or not, without M1’s approval in writing.
- PURCHASES AND DELIVERY
- Your order for Services (“Purchase”) is confirmed upon (i) your unconditional acceptance of all applicable terms and conditions, (ii) your payment on the Site, where applicable, and (iii) M1’s acceptance of your order on the Site or as may be notified to you. No changes will be allowed for confirmed Purchases. Notwithstanding such Purchase, M1 reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to cancel your Purchase prior to the delivery of the Services by notification to you and M1’s sole liability shall be a refund to you to your credit card of your advance payment for the Purchase (if any) made on the Site.
- You agree to make payment in the manner required of all and any charges that may be notified to you by M1 on the Site or otherwise. Unless otherwise specified by M1 in writing, delivery charges may apply.
- You may opt for collection of the Products via delivery, via collection at an M1 Shop or via collection at a SingPost POPStation. For delivery of any Products, you must provide a valid residential address within Singapore’s mainland only, which address is mutually agreed between M1 and you (“Delivery Address”). Invalid delivery address includes delivery to a PO box, hotel, commercial or office building, or a public area of a residential property such as concierge or void deck. If you have selected an invalid delivery address, there will be no refund on delivery charge even if the address was originally mutually agreed. Collection shall be made at an M1 Shop location or at a SingPost POPStation location mutually agreed between M1 and you (“Collection Address”). If you are on Bespoke Flexi, Bespoke Contract and Bespoke SIM-only, Products will be via delivery only.
- The date and time of delivery, collection at an M1 Shop or collection at a SingPost POPStation shall be mutually agreed between M1 and you.
- For collection at a SingPost POPStation or Locker Alliance, you will receive a QR code via email and/or an SMS alert when the Product is ready for collection.
||Order before 12pm
||Order after 12pm
|Mon-Fri, excluding Public Holiday
||Next working day*
||2 working days*
|Sat, Sun & Public Holiday
||2 working days*
*Subject to the availability of POPStation or Locker Alliance lockers at your chosen location.
Pop Station Collection: You will have 3 days from the time you receive the email/SMS notification or delivery advice to pick up the Product from the designated SingPost POPStation. If you fail to collect the Product within 3 days of receiving a notification, the Product will be sent to SingPost Centre on the next working day.
- At SingPost Centre, the Product will be stored for another 5 working days for you to pick it up. If you fail to collect the Product within this period, it will be returned back to M1. All Products which are returned to M1 may be released by M1 for sale without liability to you. M1 gives no assurance to you that Products for which payment has been made via the Site and which remain uncollected by you, remain in stock
- SingPost Centre is located at 10 Eunos Road 8, #01-123/124/125, SingPost Centre, Singapore 408600.
- To track and trace the Product’s parcel status, please visit: https://www.speedpost.com.sg/track-and-trace.
Key in your sales order number under the parcel number.
- For any other issues that you face with the SingPost POPStation, please call the SingPost 24/7 hotline at 68456655.
Locker Alliance: You will have 2 days from the time you receive the email/SMS notification or delivery advice to pick up the Product from the designated SingPost Locker Alliance. If you fail to collect the Product within 2 days of receiving a notification, the Product will be sent to SingPost Centre on the next working day.
- For any other issues that you face with the Locker Alliance, please call the 24/7 hotline at 64222920
- You cannot change the Delivery Address, Collection Address, or agreed date and time of collection or delivery, as the case may be, unless otherwise agreed by M1 in writing.
- A cancellation charge of S$30.28 shall be applicable for any orders that are cancelled. For failed delivery or collection cancellation, there will be no refund on delivery or collection charge. M1 shall refund your payment minus the administrative charge of S$30.28 within 60 days of the delivery date.
- We may, at our sole and absolute discretion, use the services of third party courier service companies to provide delivery services. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose your personal data to such third party courier service companies for the provision of delivery services.
- All delivery timings are estimates only. While we will use reasonable efforts to ensure all deliveries are made on time, M1 and its third party courier service companies do not guarantee that deliveries will be made at the date and times indicated. In no event shall M1 be liable for any delay in delivery, howsoever arising.
- Payment on the Site must be made by VISA, Mastercard or AMEX credit cards only. Payment by cheque, cash or other forms of payment will not be accepted, unless otherwise agreed by M1.
- Acceptance of your payment via credit card is subject to terms and conditions of M1's acquiring bank.
- The following conditions must be fulfilled by you (a) upon delivery or collection of Products, or (b) prior to the activation of the Services (excluding Products), as the case may be:
- The named customer purchasing the Products must be personally present upon delivery (including new eSIM customers) of or for the collection of the Products.
- A copy of the named customer’s NRIC or Passport with FIN or Student/NSF Pass or Work Permit/Employment Pass, and proof of billing address (if applicable) must be submitted to M1 for verification and record purposes prior to delivery or at the point of collection.
- The named customer’s must present identification documents for verification purposes upon the delivery or collection of your order. Required original identification documents include, where applicable:
- NRIC or NSF Pass (For Singaporean and Singapore Permanent Resident)
- Passport with Work Permit/Employment Pass (For Foreign Applicant)
- Student Pass/Staff Pass (If applicable)M1 reserves the right to request any other document from you as may be reasonably required by M1.
- Without prejudice to the effectiveness of these Terms and Conditions, the execution of such other documents, or terms and conditions, as may be reasonably required by M1.
- All Products for which payment has not been made and which remain uncollected by you within 3 days from the agreed collection date at an M1 Shop may be released by M1 for sale without liability to you. M1 gives no assurance to you that Products for which payment has been made via the Site and which remain uncollected by you within 3 days from the agreed collection date, remain in stock.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
- The following shall apply to all orders for Services:
Minimum Requirements at time of application
Deposit / Prepayment
- Applicants for M1’s Bespoke Contract and Bespoke SIM-only must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants for M1’s Bespoke Flexi must be at least 21 years of age.
- We may require you to provide a deposit in respect of our services(s). Such deposit may be used by M1 to offset any outstanding charges under any of your accounts.
- The deposit or any balance thereof will be returned to you without interest upon termination of our services(s) and complete settlement of all outstanding charges or claims incurred.
- We may require you to provide a prepayment in respect of our service(s). Such a prepayment will be used by M1 to offset any outstanding charges under any of your accounts.
||• Original NRIC (Pink) / SAF, SPF or SCDF Identity Card (For Regulars and
• Proof of Billing Address (POBA) is required if Identity Document do not contain
||• Original NRIC Singapore (Blue)
• POBA is required if Identity Document do not contain address.
||• Original Student Pass
|Corporate Individual Customers (CORI)
||• Staff Pass / Letter of Employment
• Letter of Employment is acceptable at all channels (M1 Shop / Dealers)
|Foreigner / Non-Resident
||• All documents must be valid for at least 6 months
• Original Work Permit Pass / Student Pass / DEP Pass (Personalized Employment
Pass) / Social Visit Pass / Dependent Pass / S Pass.
• Pass holders in this section are required to pay a minimum deposit of $200
• An extra prepayment of $600 is applicable to mid-tier handset contract and above.
- Post-office box addresses, virtual office addresses and overseas addresses not allowed to be used for registration.
- Singaporeans and Permanent Residents above 21 years of age must state both their local residential address (as per NRIC) and local billing address if the two addresses are not the same.
- Singaporeans and Permanent Residents below 21 years of age must register with their NRIC address, which must also be their billing address.
- Foreign applicants must state both their local residential address and local billing address if the two addresses are not the same.
- M1 reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to decline any order for Services.
- Roaming Services
- Roaming services outside Singapore are available in the countries as listed on https://m1.com.sg/travel/going-overseas/postpaid-roaming.
Unless otherwise stated, prevailing rates and terms and conditions apply.
- You may be required to provide a deposit for roaming services.
- Separate and additional roaming charges are applicable as you roam.
- Customers with roaming subscription pay a one-time registration fee of S$20 and monthly subscription fees of S$10 in addition to prevailing roaming rates. Pay-Per-Use Roaming (PPUR) customers pay an additional 20% surcharge on all prevailing roaming rates.
- Visit www.m1.com.sg for: (a) SuperPac plan(s) full terms and conditions; (b) S$100 Data Roaming Cap Service full terms and conditions; and (c) Premium Rate Services (PRS) Barring Services full terms and conditions.
- A one-time registration charge of S$10.80 is applicable for all new sign-ups for Mobile and Mobile Broadband services. A one-time registration charge may also apply for subscription to selected Add-Ons. Applicable registration charges will be reflected in your first bill statement.
- Subject to applicable terms and conditions, you may terminate our service(s) by (a) calling our Customer Service Hotline 1627; (b) fax; or (c) writing in to us with at least 1 day’s prior notice. If you terminate the service within the first 3 months from the date of commencement of the service (or such other longer commitment period as prescribed under this or other Agreement, other handset contract or otherwise, as applicable to you as the case may be) (“Initial Period”), you will have to pay for subscription for the Initial Period based on prevailing non-promotional rates. Separate and additional early termination charges for specific services also apply.
- Your account balance is due on the due date as stated in our invoice (“Due Date”). Any dispute on unpaid charges must be made known to us before the Due Date.
- You will be responsible for all charges and calls made from your mobile phone/SIM card as long as the account is in your name, even if your mobile phone/SIM card is not in your possession.
- Loss of your mobile phone/SIM card must be reported to us immediately via our Customer Service Hotline 1627. Any fraud, suspected fraud, dishonest use or theft of your mobile phone/SIM card should be reported to the police in Singapore (or overseas, as applicable) and also to us via our Customer Service Hotline 1627 within 24 hours of such occurrence.
- You may not resell, distribute, provide or sub-license any Service(s) (including Products) to any third party, whether for profit or not, without M1’s express approval in writing.
- Where applicable, this Agreement will be treated as a re-contract of the service(s) with M1 and you agree to be wholly liable for the Service(s) rendered hereunder. Customers who are 18 years old as at or after 1 March 2009 and opt to re-contract any Service(s) will be subject to the law effective as at 1 March 2009.
- The Site and all Content and Services provided on the Site are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and you accept that your access or use of the Site (and all Content and Services provided on the Site) are at your own risk. M1 expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, to the fullest extent allowed by law. Without prejudice or limitation to the foregoing, M1 makes no warranty as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness, security, compatibility, timeliness, reliability, quality, suitability, reliability, originality or non-infringement of any Content or Service obtained or provided on the Site. M1 does not warrant that the Site and any Service provided on the Site will be provided uninterrupted or available at all times or free from errors or that any identified defect will be corrected; further, no such warranty is given that the Site and any Services provided on the Site and access to them are free of viruses, malicious destructive or corrupting code or program or other harmful components. M1 shall not be responsible for any interruption, disruption to or deterioration in the quality, reliability or accuracy of any service or any technical issue that may arise from or in relation to any Service that customer may have connected to any device. If a customer has difficulties in accessing the Site, M1 may, at its sole and absolute discretion, extend help and assistance to such customer as an act of goodwill but shall in no event be obliged to provide the same. The provision of such help and assistance shall in no event be deemed an acknowledgement and/or acceptance of any liability on M1’s part.
- Without prejudice to the foregoing, and to the fullest extent allowed by the law, in no event shall M1 be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, losses, costs or expenses including without limitation loss of revenue or profit (collectively, “Losses”) whether based on warranty, contract, tort, including negligence, strict liability under statute or otherwise, and whether or not M1 is advised of the possibility of such Losses suffered or incurred by the Customer by reason of or in connection with the use of the Site and Services provided on the Site.
- Notwithstanding the above, if for any reason M1 cannot rely on the limitations of liability set out hereinabove and M1 is deemed liable to you, M1’s maximum liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise to you and anyone who uses our Services (except for death or personal injury to the extent required by law) shall be, limited to the lower of Singapore Dollars Five Thousand only (S$5000) or the total of your three (3) months’ charges preceding the event or series of events.
- You agree to indemnify and hold each of the relevant M1 entity and its directors, officers, employees, suppliers, vendors, licensors, agents and any third party content providers harmless from any claims, demands, losses, damages or expenses (including legal fees), arising from, relating to and/or in connection with (a) your use of the Site and/or use of the Content and/or Services therein; and/or (b) your breach of any of the Terms and Conditions herein.
- No delay or failure by M1 to take any action or to enforce or exercise any of its rights in this Agreement will operate as a waiver of such rights by M1, nor will such failure or delay in any way prejudice or affect M1’s rights at any time thereafter to act strictly in accordance with M1’s rights in this Agreement.
- This Agreement and any rights, obligations and licenses granted therein may not be assigned or transferred by you, but may be assigned or transferred by M1 without restriction.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and M1 and supersedes all prior agreements, understandings, writings, proposals, representations and communications, oral or written, whether by you or M1, with respect to the subject matter of the Agreement and the transactions contemplated by it.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason, that provision shall to the extent permissible be severed from this Agreement, save and except that the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect to the extent applicable.
- A person (including any user) who is not a party to this Agreement has no right to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B).
- This Agreement shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.