1. What is iTunes Direct Carrier Billing?
iTunes Direct Carrier Billing enables M1 customers to make purchases on any Apple platforms and pay via their M1 monthly bill.
2. How does it work?
You can now use your M1 mobile number to make a purchase from the App Store or to subscribe to iTunes services and applications. The purchases will be billed to your monthly phone bill.
Step 1: Go to phone settings.
Select iTunes & App Stores.
Step 2: Select “View Apple ID”.
Step 3: Sign in with FaceID or enter your Apple ID and
password.Select Manage Payments.
Step 4: Select Mobile Phone as your payment type, then click Done.
3. How can I enable/disable iTunes Direct Carrier Billing?
Click here to enable/disable your iTunes Direct Carrier Billing. You will be required to log in using your M1 ID.\
4. What are the types of digital content I can purchase using iTunes Direct Carrier Billing as a payment method?
At present, you can make purchases from the App Store, iTunes Store, subscribe to Apple Music, and buy iCloud storage etc.
5. How do I sign up for this service?
You will need to set up an Apple ID before using this service. Once you have an Apple ID, you will be able to set up Direct Carrier Billing.
6. Is it safe to make payment through my M1 bill?
Yes. To reduce the risk of accidental or fraudulent purchases, you will receive a One-Time Password or verification code to confirm the purchase or subscription.
1. Is there a maximum amount of purchases that can be charged to my M1 bill?
Yes, you can purchase up to a total of SGD 300 worth of items through your M1 bill. This SGD 300 cap is based on a 30-day cycle period starting from your first purchase. A limit of SGD 100 will also be applicable for each transaction.
2. I have set up Direct Carrier Billing for my Apple ID. Does this mean that all my other Apple devices that are logged in with the same Apple ID will charge purchases to my M1 bill?
Yes, iTunes Direct Carrier Billing will be set as the default payment mode if you are using the same Apple ID on different Apple device. Do note that a one-time password will be sent to you for verification purpose before any purchase is made.
3. I have multiple Apple devices logged in to the same Apple ID. Can I selectively disable iTunes Direct Carrier Billing for specific devices?
No, you will not be able to selectively disable iTunes Direct Carrier Billing for specific Apple devices as payment information is tagged to the Apple ID.
4. Will I be able to charge my purchases to another M1 mobile number using the same Apple ID?
Yes, to charge to another M1 mobile number:
5. What happens if I change my mobile number? Will I need to set up iTunes Direct Carrier Billing again?
Yes, you will need to set up iTunes Direct Carrier Billing again.
1. Do I need internet access to use Direct Carrier Billing?
Yes. In order to use Direct Carrier Billing, you must be connected to the Internet via mobile data or Wi-Fi.
1. Apart from the application listed price, are there additional fees for the use of mobile billing service?
Yes. Data charges are applicable when browsing the marketplace and downloading the applications. Kindly note, if the service is used while abroad, data roaming charges are applicable.