What is Knox Mobile Enrollment (KME)?
Knox Mobile Enrollment is the quickest and most automated way to enroll a large number of Samsung devices to your MDM/EMM for corporate use. Once an IT admin registers a device with the service, the device user simply has to turn it on and connect to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G during the initial device setup process. There’s no need for IMEI management and verification, and M1 register your purchased devices on your behalf.
To use Knox Mobile Enrollment, you’ll need the following:
- A compatible Samsung device running min. Knox 2.4, purchased from a reseller partner like M1
- An enterprise mobility management (EMM) provider listed here
*EMM license sold separately
How to use Knox Mobile Enrollment (KME)?
You manage Knox Mobile Enrollment for your organization from an online portal in your web browser. We call this the Knox Mobile Enrollment (KME) portal, or often just portal when describing Knox Mobile Enrollment. Refer to your EMM’s documentation, to help you complete the following steps:
- Purchase your Samsung devices from M1 and set up a Knox Mobile Enrollment account for your organization at Samsung Knox Portal.
- Create a KME Profile in the portal with your EMM enrollment information.
- Assign your device IMEI to your KME Profile.
*you can also assign each individual device your EMM enrollment user ID and password for automated login to your EMM client
You can also use the portal to:
- Activate and deactivate the resellers from whom your organization purchases devices.
- Activate Device Owner (DO) enrollment mode for Android Enterprise
- Control access to the portal for IT admin users in your organization.
- KME can work concurrently with Knox Configure.