M1 Net Ltd: Acceptable Use Policy
M1 Net Ltd (the “Company”)’s Acceptable Use Policy applies to the Company’s subscribers (collectively, the “Customers” and individually, the “Customer”) use of the Company’s Internet services (“Service”).
This Acceptable Use Policy is part of the Company’s efforts to provide high quality and reliable service to the Customers; protect the privacy and security of the Customers, systems and networks; encourage responsible use of the Company’s resources; and comply with applicable laws.
- In consideration of the foregoing, the Customer hereby undertakes:
to use the Service in a responsible manner, taking into account the effects his use of the Service may have on other users and the network;
not to use, or allow anyone else to use, the Service:
- for any unlawful, illegal, malicious or improper purpose;
- to knowingly transmit a computer virus or other malicious computer program;
- in any way which interferes with its availability for other users or otherwise interferes in the proper operation of the Service;
- to access or damage another’s computer system without permission;
- to infringe intellectual property rights;
- to disclose confidential information of another person;
- to store, publish, display, distribute or post material that is obscene, offensive, defamatory, abusive or that is in violation of any law;
- to enable a minor to access material that is inappropriate for a minor;
to harass any person;
- to harass any person;
- to conduct or promote a business that is illegal;
- to breach any laws or third party rights or to breach any standards, content requirements or codes promulgated by any relevant authority or industry body.
- not to resell the Service or its component or content provided via the Service;
- in relation to email, not to use the Service to:
- send bulk unsolicited email to others;
- send email that conceals its sender, that contains invalid or forged headers or domain names or deceptive addressing;
- receive responses from bulk unsolicited email sent, even if not sent via the Service;
- relay email from a third party’s mail server without consent;
- collect or harvest screen names or email addresses of others for the purpose of sending unsolicited emails or for exchange;
- send large or numerous emails with the purpose of disrupting another’s computer or account;
- send email that may damage or affect the performance of the recipient’s computer;
- persistently send email without reasonable cause or for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person;
- subscribe anyone to a mailing list or similar service without his permission.
- in relation to newsgroups, not to use the Service to:
- engage in mass posting of messages or the posting of messages to inappropriate newsgroups, the appropriateness of which is to be determined by the Company;
- post advertisements in newsgroups that do not encourage or permit advertising;
- post binary in newsgroups that do not encourage or permit such postings;
- post large or numerous messages with the purpose of disrupting a newsgroup; or
- send messages that contain invalid or forged headers or domain names or deceptive addressing.
- The Customer,
- if on a flat rate plan, shall observe the following conditions of use:
- The Company reserves the right to restrict the level of or suspend the Customer’s access to the Service without prior notice if the Customer’s use creates, in the Company’s opinion, an undue burden to the network or degrades the use of the network by other users;
- With the exception of corporate subscribers, The Customer shall not connect another network, such as a local area network, to the Service or allow multiple simultaneous users of the Service. Only one computer may be connected to the Service at any one time and the Customer must not connect to the Service servers which transmit data to the internet or cable network, such as ftp servers and chat servers;
- The Customer shall not use automated programs to continually send or receive high volumes of data via the Service.
- shall not use the Service to engage in misleading or deceptive marketing practices or to conduct or be part of a business that is illegal.
- Use of the Service as described in the foregoing paragraphs is prohibited under this Acceptable Use Policy. These descriptions are however mere guidelines and are not intended to be exhaustive.
- The Customer agrees to accept and read all emails addressed from the Company and to respond to the relevant email should a reply be requested.
- The Customer is responsible for ensuring that third parties who use the Service under his consent and authority observe the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Violations of this Acceptable Use Policy may result in a demand for:
- immediate removal of offending material;
- immediate temporary or permanent filtering, blocked access, suspension of the Customer’s account or termination of the Service; or
- any other action appropriate to the violation as determined by the Company in its sole discretion and all rights and remedies available to the Company with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
- Where feasible, the Company may give notice so that such violations may be addressed voluntarily. However, the Company reserves the right to act without notice when necessary determined by the Company in its sole discretion. The Company may involve, and will co-operate with the legal authorities if criminal activity is suspected. Refunds or credits are not issued in connection with actions taken for violations of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Any complaints regarding the violations of this Acceptable Use Policy by any Customer should be directed to the Company’s Customer Service. Where possible, the Customer should include details that would assist the Company in investigating and resolving the complaint.
- This Acceptable Use Policy supplements the agreement made between the Company and the Customer in connection with the use of the Service. If such agreement restricts a particular use of the Service that is not addressed hereunder, the agreement shall govern with respect to such use.
- The Company reserves the right to change, vary or supplement this Acceptable Use Policy at its sole discretion and without prior notice. Any decision made by the Company in relation to the Service in accordance with this Acceptable Use Policy shall be final on all matters.