THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT THE BASIS OF M1’S PROVISION OF THE CYBER THEFT WARRANTY PROGRAM TO YOU.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY AND PROVIDE YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO THESE TERMS BY SIGNING THE RELEVANT PORTION(S)
OF THESE TERMS.
- SERVICE SUMMARY
- The Cyber Theft Warranty program consists of the following: (a) the ability to
make a Claim for Actual Quantifiable Monetary Loss, which is capped at the RRP of the Registered
Device, due to a Cyber Hack on your Registered Device within 12 months from the Start Date ; and (b)
access to the Cyber Theft Warranty Online Portal and Application and other features that can be
accessed from the Cyber Theft Warranty Online Portal and Application during the term of the program
(together, the “Program”).
- Please note that the Program does not cover the following:
- Confidence Scams: any financial loss based upon, arising from or as
consequence of a confidence trick involving feigned intentions towards you, such as
romantic intentions, investments, contracts, loans and the like, gaining your confidence
or affections, and then using that goodwill to commit fraud.
- Actual Quantifiable Monetary Loss caused via the use of third-party
banking, gambling and cryptocurrency trading applications except electronic-wallets.
- Dishonest Acts: any financial loss based upon, arising from or as a
consequence of any dishonest, criminal, malicious or fraudulent acts if you willingly
participated in or directed such acts.
- Prior Matters: Any loss based upon, arising from or as a consequence
of any fact, circumstance, act, threat or event which you were aware of prior to the
inception date of this warranty.
- Any Actual Quantifiable Monetary Loss sourced from a device that has
undergone unauthorised modifications to its operating system and/ or violates its
end-user software licence agreement.
- Contactless payment transactions or near-field communications for
- PROGRAMS AND PLANS
- The Program is offered for a fixed term of 12 months from the Start Date. The
Program is fully supported by DiSa Digital Safety Pte. Ltd. (CRN 200201295Z)
- You agree that to the fullest extent permitted by law, M1 shall have no
liability to you whatsoever in respect of the Claims, Program or any part thereof. You and DiSa
shall have direct recourse to each other for the matters governed by such end user agreements.
Accordingly, you shall direct all Claims, queries, dispute and issues to DiSa directly.
- Eligibility Criteria – In order to enroll an Eligible Device in
the Program, you must (a) be an individual subscriber to a new M1 postpaid mobile plan or to a
re-contracted M1 postpaid mobile plan of at least 12 months (your “Mobile Plan”);
(b) not have an Ineligible ID; and (c) your Mobile Plan must be tied to the Eligible Device.
- Time of Application – You must make your application for the
Program at the time you purchase your Eligible Device and sign up for your Mobile Plan.
- Rejection – M1 reserves the right to reject your application for
the Program if: (a) any of the eligibility criteria herein is not met; (b) you have previously been
rejected or terminated from the Program; or (c) for any reason whatsoever or howsoever arising or no
reason in M1’s discretion.
- Limitation – You may only enrol one Eligible device in the
Program per NRIC unless M1 otherwise allows in M1’s discretion.
- Cyber Theft Warranty Application – Your use of the Cyber Theft
Warranty Application and your eligibility for the Program is subject to your download and
installation of the Cyber Theft Warranty Application and acceptance of the end user licensing
- IMEI registration – Your eligibility for the Program is subject
to you registering your Eligible Device’s IMEI with the Cyber Theft Warranty Application or Cyber
Theft Warranty Online Portal to M1 and DiSa’s satisfaction.
- One-Time Subscription Fees – Applicable subscription fees are
payable at the time of your application as follows: 12 Months’ Plan - $20.00, unless provided
otherwise by M1.
- All fees and phone prices set out in these terms are inclusive of GST at the
current rate of 7% and are subject to change in accordance with prevailing GST.
- Claims – You may only make a Claim through the Cyber Theft
Warranty Online Portal managed by DiSa or such other platform prescribed by DiSa or M1. DiSa alone
will be fully responsible for processing your Claim, addressing your queries and disputes and/or
making any payouts to you in relation to the Program. You agree that M1 will not be responsible to
you in relation to the foregoing.
- Conditions – DiSa may not accept your claim if, amongst other
reasons,: (a) the IMEI of the Registered Device, subscriber’s name, mobile phone number and NRIC
under which the account is active are incorrect or does not correspond with the information you give
upon sign-up; (b) your subscription or your Mobile Plan are not active as at the time of the Claim;
(c) the Claim is for non-monetary loss as a result of cyber-attack (d) you have transferred,
retailed, sold, or hired your Registered Device to another person; or (e) you do not provide a
police report, proof of monetary loss from agency or financial institution confirming the amount of
losses, mobile phone purchase receipt, and any additional information, including any declarations or
acknowledgements, as reasonably requested by DiSa.
- Limits – You may make multiple Claims up to the RRP of the
Registered Device, during the 12 months term, (as applicable, your “Limit”). Illustration: If the
RRP of the Registered Device is $1000, you may make 10 times of Claims if the Actual Quantifiable
Monetary Loss is $100 each time, for the duration of your warranty period.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- Duration – Your subscription commences from the Start Date until
it is terminated in accordance with these terms or until it expires at the end of the 12 months
- Termination by M1 – M1 may immediately terminate your Program
and the Agreement at any time without liability if M1 reasonably believes that:
- you are using the Program (whether intentionally or not) in a way
that may adversely impact the reputation of M1;
- you are using the Program in a manner which is fraudulent, illegal or
related to any criminal activity;
- you have breached or abused these terms;
- you are or may become bankrupt or unable to pay your debts as they
- you have provided M1 with incorrect, false or incomplete,
- you have failed to provide any additional information that M1, or
DiSa may request (including identity information, acknowledgment, declaration or a
- you have ported your mobile number from M1 or your Mobile Plan has
been terminated; or
- for any other or no reason at M1’s discretion.
- Automatic Termination – Your Program and the Agreement will
terminate immediately if (a) your Mobile Plan is terminated by you or by M1; (b) you transfer,
retail, sell, or hire your Registered Device or Mobile Plan to another person.
- M1 may also suspend or terminate your Program and the Agreement at any time in
M1’s discretion and without liability if:
- any of M1’s agreements with DiSa or any of M1’s suppliers or third
party service providers for the Program is suspended or terminated for any reason, or
DiSa or any of such suppliers or third party service providers for the Program for any
reason ceases or fails to provide the support (or any part thereof) necessary for the
Program to continue; or
- provision of the Program or any part thereof becomes unlawful,
unenforceable, invalid or illegal for any reason.
- CONSEQUENCES OF TERMINATION
- No Re-activation – If the Program has been terminated for a
Registered Device, the Program cannot be reactivated for the same previously registered Device.
- Prohibition – If the Program have been terminated, the NRIC
linked to the respective terminated account will not be eligible for re-application of the Program.
- Refunds – Unless M1 exercises its right to terminate the
Agreement or Program for convenience, you shall not be entitled to any refund of the fees paid in
relation to the Program.
- Service Claim – If you have made a Claim which is not fulfilled
as at the time of the termination, the Claim may be cancelled.
- CHANGE OF REGISTERED DEVICE
- You shall not be permitted to change your Registered Device except for: (a)
replacements or swaps which are permitted by M1 and which do not involve any change of Mobile Plan
or (b) the exchange of your Registered Device under an OEM’s
warranty scheme for a new device. You must inform DiSa of such change and are
required to provide proof of the exchange. You shall thereafter re-register your new Device’s IMEI
with the Cyber Theft Warranty Call Centre or Cyber Theft Warranty Online Portal to M1 and DiSa’s
satisfaction, after which time the new Device will become the Registered Device.
- DATA PRIVACY
- You confirm that you have read and understood the M1 Data Protection
Policy which may be found at www.m1.com.sg/dataprotection (“DP
Policy”). You also agree that by signing the Agreement or by continuing to use the
Program, you are giving consent to M1 that the information collected by M1 from you
(Personal Information) will be used and/or disclosed in accordance with the DP
- Subject to Change, Withdrawal, Termination and Suspension – The
services, these terms and the fees are subject to change (and in the case of services, withdrawal),
termination, or suspension at any time, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations including
guidelines, directions or codes of practice issued by relevant regulatory authorities. We will
notify you of the changes through the Website or such other means as we may determine and if you
continue your subscription to the Program after such changes are notified, you will be deemed to
have agreed to those changes.
- Force Majeure – The Program in general, and completion of the
Claim in particular, are subject to events beyond M1’s reasonable control. If such events occur, the
Program and any pending Claims may be suspended by M1 until future notice.
- Exclusions – Apart from these terms, M1 expressly and to the
fullest extent permitted by law disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether (i) express; (ii)
implied; or (iii) statutory, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability
and fitness for a particular purpose. M1 will, to the fullest extent permitted by law, not be
responsible for any loss or damage caused to you because of the actions of any employee or any
person or representative of M1 who acts beyond their authority. M1 shall, to the fullest extent
permitted by law, not be liable for any direct or indirect loss or damage caused to you in respect
of any matter howsoever arising in connection with the provision or your use of the Program.
- Indemnity – You agree to defend, indemnify and hold faultless
M1, its associates, subcontractors and their directors, officers, successors and assigns, from and
against any and all liabilities, damages, losses, costs and expenses caused by or arising out of
your use of the Program.
- Limitation of Liability – Without prejudice to the generality of
the preceding statements, under no circumstances will M1 or its service providers, including DiSa,
its affiliates or sub-contractors, be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or
exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with the provision or your use of the Services. M1
and its sub-contractors’ aggregate liability to you (whether based in contract, negligence, strict
liability, statute or other theory of liability) will not exceed three times the value of your fixed
term fee . Any and each of the M1 sub-contractors shall be entitled to the benefit of and to enforce
- Severability – If any provision or wording of the Agreement is
found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the Agreement, or the application of such
provision to persons other than those to whom it is held invalid or unenforceable, will not be
affected and the Agreement will be construed to omit such invalid or unenforceable provision.
- Governing Law – The Agreement will be governed by and construed
in accordance with the laws of Singapore.
- Entire Agreement – M1 Limited General Terms & Conditions
available at www.m1.com.sg (“General Terms”) apply and are deemed incorporated herein. In the event
of inconsistency between these terms and the General Terms, these terms prevail.
- Promotions – M1 may from time to time offer promotions relating
to the Program. Any such promotions shall be governed by the terms and conditions attached thereto
by M1, and by these terms to the extent that the promotion’s terms and conditions are silent. In the
event of any conflicts between a promotion’s terms and conditions and these terms, the promotion’s
terms and conditions shall prevail.
- CYBER THEFT WARRANTY CALL CENTRE
- To make any queries or feedback regarding the Program (including the Cyber Theft
Warranty Application), please call DiSa’s Cyber Theft Warranty Call Centre at +65 67512069 during
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm, excluding public holiday or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To
make any queries or feedback on the Claim, please email to email@example.com.
- OTHER DEFINITIONS
- Actual Quantifiable Monetary Loss means the loss of monies due
to a Cyber Hack on the Registered Device whereby a direct loss of monies from the accounts in
- Agreement means these Terms which set out the agreement between
you and M1.
- Eligible Device means a mobile phone or tablet which (a) is tied
together with your new or re-contracted Mobile Plan; or (b) which is a permitted replacement Device
under Clause 8 hereof.
- Claim means you seeking financial relief as a result of an
Actual Quantifiable Monetary Loss due to Cyber Hack of your Registered Device.
- Cyber Hack means unauthorised access carried out by unknown
third parties which are not arising from, attributable to or based upon any intentional, criminal or
fraudulent acts committed or condoned by any of your friends, relatives, spouse, partner and/or
- Cyber Theft Warranty Online Portal means a website dedicated to
the Program, through which you can access certain services, information and assistance.
- Ineligible ID means an identification number which M1 deems
ineligible for the Program whether because services to this identification number was previously
terminated, suspended, denied or for any other reason in M1’s sole discretion.
- M1 means M1 Limited (Reg. No. 199206031W).
- OEM means original equipment manufacturer of the device.
- Registered Device means an Eligible Device which IMEI you have
registered, for the purposes of the Program, with Cyber Theft Warranty Online Portal to M1 and
- RRP means the recommended retail price of the Registered Device
as of the Start Date.
- Start Date means the Date of Purchase as detailed in this
- Subscription means your subscription to the Program.