- What is M1 Mobile Broadband?
Mobile broadband is an exciting
high speed mobile internet service offered by M1 that allows you to enjoy
seamless internet access on-the-go. You can surf, email, stream music and
download files anywhere. With Singapore's first 4G network and advanced High Speed Packet Access (HSPA) network, M1 gives you outstanding coverage to do everything wherever you may be.
- What is 4G?
4G is the next generation
mobile network also known as Long Term Evolution (LTE).
- What is the speed of M1 4G?
M1 4G can deliver
download speeds of up to 300Mbps and upload speeds of up to 50Mbps. The typical download speed range (at fixed locations*) is 46.3Mbps to 108.7Mbps.
*Find out how Typical Speed Range is derived
- Is 4G data usage charged
separately from 3G data usage?
No, 4G data usage is charged the same as 3G data usage. The data bundle of your smartphone plan / data VAS is applicable for both 4G and 3G data usage.
- How do I check how much data I
You can check your data usage
- Manage My Account
- My M1 App
- Do I have to change my SIM card
to enjoy 4G service?
For 3G SIM card users, you will not be required to change your SIM card to enjoy 4G service. Customers using 3G normal SIM cards may need to change to a 3G microSIM if your 4G device is only microSIM compatible. SIM card charges will apply.
- How will I know that I am
connected to 4G network on my tablet/laptop?
The 4G signal will be reflected
on your 4G tablet signal bar. For 4G Mobile Broadband USB stick used on laptops,
it will be reflected in the connection manager software.
- Why can't my 4G Mobile
Broadband device from overseas work on M1's 4G network?
As different operators around
the world adopt different 4G technology, your 4G device might be configured to
run only on a specific country's 4G network and thus not compatible with M1's 4G
- How much do I need to pay if I
use Voice and SMS on my Mobile Broadband SIM card?
Local voice and video call usage is charged at 16.05 cents per minute, with a minimum one-minute charge and billed per second thereafter. Airtime charges apply for mobile calls made to "1800" local toll free service numbers. Excess SMS is charged at 5.35 cents each and excess MMS is charged at 32.1 cents (30kb and below)/ 85.6 cents (above 30kb) each.
- Can I use M1 Mobile Broadband
Yes, M1 Mobile Broadband customers can roam in countries with 3G or 4G network. Whats more, enjoy great savings with attractive data roaming offers with unlimited data roaming at $15 per day and lowest data roaming rate at $0.05/10kb on selected networks/countries. Click here to find out more.
- Can I subscribe to other value-added services like Multi-Sim, IDD, Roaming, Blackberry, Connecting Tones, Caller Number Display services with M1 Mobile Broadband Plans?
Except for BlackBerry VAS, you can subscribe to all the other Value Added services including
Roaming and IDD.
- Is my Mobile Broadband plan eligible for Multi-SIM service?
Multi-SIM service is eligible on selected Mobile Broadband plans with limited data bundle. Click here for more information on Multi-SIM service.
- What are the factors affecting Mobile Broadband download speeds?
Download speed is affected by a
combination of factors:
- The broadband device/equipment used
- Your environment - distance from the broadband network site, signal strength, atmospheric conditions (e.g. electrical
interference) and building materials
- The load on the 3G/4G broadband site (the number of other people online & network associated traffic)
- The condition of the networks you're connecting to, such as the Internet or your corporate LAN
- Your computer and applications you're
running, such as Outlook or Internet Explorer