- Why do I need Fibre Home Broadband?
High speeds of up to 10Gbps for all your surfing needs. With the increasing availability of high bandwidth applications such as HD video streaming, M1 Fibre Home Broadband will be able to provide you with just the speed to meet your needs.
- Am I eligible to sign up?
In order to sign up for Fibre Home Broadband, your premises would need to be either: Home Reached or Home Pass and Ready for service according to information provided by NetLink Trust. To check for service availability, you can call NetLink Trust Hotline at 6563 4273.
- I do not have a fibre optic termination point installed at my home yet, what can I do to sign up for a M1 High Speed Fibre Broadband?
If your premise is certified ready for service by NetLink Trust, M1 will be able to help you to arrange for the fibre termination point to be installed by NetLink Trust's contractors when you sign-up for any of the High Speed Fibre Broadband plans.
- Are there any monthly bandwidth caps or data usage limitations for M1 Fibre Broadband?
No, all the plans come with unlimited data usage.
- I'm an existing M1 home broadband customers. Can I upgrade to the new High Speed Fibre Broadband?
Existing Home Broadband customers who are not under contract will be able to switch to M1 High Speed Fibre Broadband.
- Can my existing wireless router be used for fibre broadband?
Yes, all you need to do is to connect your existing wireless router to the optical network terminal (ONT). However depending on your speed plan and home setup, you might need a higher performance router to enjoy a better experience. M1 offers a range of wireless routers which you can purchase at exclusive prices.
- How long does it take to activate my High Speed Fibre Broadband?
It will take approximately 7 working days (subject to availability of dates provided by Third Party Provider (NetLink Trust) for scheduling of appointments for installation or activation of service).
- Must I sign up for M1's fixed line voice service when signing up for the broadband plan?
You can opt to sign up for the free M1 Fixed Voice service if you like but it is not required. You can enjoy the fixed voice service simply by plugging your home phone into the Optical Network Terminal (ONT), installed by M1 upon sign-up for Fibre Broadband using a standard RJ-11 phone cable.
However M1 Fixed Voice service is currently unavailable with the 10Gbps plan at the moment.
- I am currently subscribed to M1 Fibre service. Can I continue using my Fibre service at my new home if it is fibre ready and ready for service?
Yes, you can call M1’s Customer Service hotline or walk in to any Customer Service Centre to arrange for a relocation of your fibre service.
- Do I need to give M1 advance notice for relocation of my fibre service?
Yes, please inform us of your relocation request 2-3 weeks in advance as appointment slots are subject to availability.
- Are there any charges for relocation of my fibre service?
A relocation charge of $58.85 will apply, on top of any installation charges (if applicable) for your new premises.
- Does M1 practise any network management activities?
No, M1 does not practise network management for all our Fibre plans.
However other factors may affect the download speed and delivery of internet traffic. Some of these are:
- The broadband device/equipment used
- The load on the local/international websites (the number of other people online & network associated traffic)
- Your computer network configurations and software you're running, such as Outlook or Internet Explorer
- Your type of internet connection (wired LAN/ Wireless connection)
- The number of people your broadband connection is shared with
- Viruses, spy-wares and file-sharing software
- I cannot access the internet. What can I do?
Perform a power cycle on the ONT and router by switching back on after 5 minutes.
If problem persists, please refer to the following self-troubleshooting guides.