- What is Microsoft and Xbox Direct Carrier Billing?
Microsoft and Xbox Direct Carrier Billing enables M1 customers to make purchases on any Microsoft Windows 10 platform and pay for their purchases through their monthly M1 bill.
- How does it work?
You can now use your M1 mobile number to make a purchase or subscribe to services or applications on Microsoft Store or Xbox Store. The purchases will be billed to your monthly phone bill.
- What are the types of digital content I can purchase using Microsoft and Xbox Direct Carrier Billing as a payment method?
At present, you can purchase apps, games etc. from the Windows Store and Xbox Store.
- How do I sign up for this service?
You will need a Microsoft Account before using this service. Once you have a Microsoft Account, you will need to set up Mobile Phone billing.
- Is it safe to make payment through My M1 bill?
Yes. To reduce the risk of unexpected charges, you will be required re-enter your Microsoft Account password to confirm the purchase or subscription.
PAYMENT & PURCHASES
- Am I eligible for Sunperks points if I were to pay for my purchases through my M1 bill?
No, your purchases under Microsoft DCB are not eligible for Sunperks points.
- Is there a maximum amount of purchases that can be charged to my M1 bill?
Yes, you can purchase up to a total of SGD 300 worth of items through your M1 bill. This SGD 300 cap is based on a 30-day cycle period starting from your first purchase. A limit of SGD 100 will also be applicable for each transaction.
- I have set up Direct Carrier Billing for my Microsoft Account. Does it mean that all my other Microsoft devices that are logged in with the same account will charge purchases to my M1 bill?
Yes, Microsoft and Xbox Direct Carrier Billing will be set as the default payment mode if you are using the same Microsoft account.
I have multiple devices logged in to the same Microsoft Account. Can I selectively disable Microsoft and Xbox DCB for specific devices?
No, you will not be able to selectively disable Microsoft and Xbox DCB for specific devices as payment mode/info is tagged to the Microsoft account.
- I have multiple Microsoft Accounts. Will I be able to set up Direct Carrier Billing using a single M1 number for all of them?
Yes, you can link up to 5 Microsoft Accounts to the same M1 number.
- What happens if I change my mobile number? Will I need to set up Microsoft and Xbox Direct Carrier Billing again?
Yes, you will need to set up Microsoft and Xbox Direct Carrier Billing again.
- How do I disable my Microsoft and Xbox Direct Carrier Billing?
Click here to disable your Microsoft and Xbox Direct Carrier Billing. You will require to log in using your M1 ID.
- Do I need internet access to use Direct Carrier Billing?
Yes. In order to use Direct Carrier Billing, you must be connected to Internet via mobile data or WiFi.
- Apart from the application listed price are there additional fees for the use of mobile billing service?
Yes. Data charges are applicable when browsing the marketplace and downloading the applications. Kindly note, if the service is used while abroad, data roaming charges are applicable.
CANCELLATION & REFUND REQUEST
- I have been wrongly charged for a purchase. How do I go about requesting for a refund?
For more assistance, please visit Microsoft Support
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- What are the terms and conditions for using Microsoft and Xbox Direct Carrier Billing?
For Microsoft Terms of Sale, please visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/store/b/terms-of-sale.