- Why do I need Fibre Home Broadband?
High speeds of up to 10Gbps for all your surfing needs. With the increasing availability of high bandwidth applications such as HD video streaming, M1 Fibre Home Broadband will be able to provide you with just the speed to meet your needs.
- Am I eligible to sign up?
In order to sign up for Fibre Home Broadband, your premises would need to be either: Home Reached or Home Pass and Ready for service according to information provided by NetLink Trust. To check for service availability, you can call NetLink Trust Hotline at 6563 4273.
- I do not have a fibre optic termination point installed at my home yet, what can I do to sign up for a M1 High Speed Fibre Broadband?
If your premise is certified ready for service by NetLink Trust, M1 will be able to help you to arrange for the fibre termination point to be installed by NetLink Trust's contractors when you sign-up for any of the High Speed Fibre Broadband plans.
- Are there any monthly bandwidth caps or data usage limitations for M1 Fibre Broadband?
No, all the plans come with unlimited data usage.
- I'm an existing M1 home broadband customers. Can I upgrade to the new High Speed Fibre Broadband?
Existing Home Broadband customers who are not under contract will be able to switch to M1 High Speed Fibre Broadband.
- Can my existing wireless router be used for fibre broadband?
Yes, all you need to do is to connect their wireless router to the optical network terminal (ONT). However depending on your speed plan and home setup, you might need a higher performance router to enjoy a better experience. M1 offers a range of wireless routers which you can purchase at exclusive prices.
- How long does it take to activate my High Speed Fibre Broadband?
It will take approximately 7 working days (subject to availability of dates provided by Third Party Provider (NetLink Trust) for scheduling of appointments for installation or activation of service).
- Must I sign up for M1's fixed line voice service when signing up for the broadband plan?
You can opt to sign up for the free M1 Fixed Voice service if you like but it is not required. You can enjoy the fixed voice service simply by plugging your home phone into the Optical Network Terminal (ONT), installed by M1 upon sign-up for Fibre Broadband using a standard RJ-11 phone cable.
However M1 Fixed Voice service is currently unavailable with the 10Gbps plan at the moment.
- What happens if I change my residential/ service address? Can the fibre broadband service be transferred to my new home if it is fibre ready and ready for service?
In the event that you require a relocation of your fibre service, you will be charged a relocation charge of $58.85, on top of any installation charges for your new premises.
- Does M1 practise any network management activities?
No, M1 does not practise network management for all our Fibre plans.
However other factors may affect the download speed and delivery of internet traffic. Some of these are:
- The broadband device/equipment used
- The load on the local/international websites (the number of other people online & network associated traffic)
- Your computer network configurations and software you're running, such as Outlook or Internet Explorer
- Your type of internet connection (wired LAN/ Wireless connection)
- The number of people your broadband connection is shared with
- Viruses, spy-wares and file-sharing software