- How do I subscribe to Voicemail?
You do not have to subscribe to Voicemail since it is a default service on M1 mobile plans.
- How many messages can I store on my Voicemail inbox?
You can store up to 10 messages of two-minute duration each, for up to 8 days.
- What is the difference between Voicemail and Voicemail Plus?
Voicemail Plus gives you a larger voicemail inbox. With Voicemail Plus, you can store up to 20 messages of three-minute duration each, for up to 15 days. What’s more, Voicemail Plus allows you to send a message on a specific day to a specific group of people. Callers can also send messages to you as normal messages or as urgent messages.
- How do I subscribe to Voicemail Plus?
To subscribe to Voicemail Plus, you can:
- SMS ‘Vmplus’ to 1627
- Activate via Manage My Account
- Call our Customer Service Hotline at 1627
A one-time registration charge of $10.70 and a monthly subscription fee of $5.35 are applicable for Voicemail Plus service.
- What is the registration fee and monthly subscription for Voicemail service?
There is no registration fee or monthly subscription for Voicemail service. Only airtime charges apply (local and roaming where applicable) for incoming calls diverted to Voicemail and retrieval of Voicemail messages.
- What are the charges when I access my Voicemail?
Airtime charges apply for incoming calls diverted to Voicemail and retrieval of Voicemail messages. This includes mobile plans that come with free incoming calls.
- How do I retrieve messages with my mobile phone?
Call 1381 or press 1 and hold. Then enter your password (if applicable). Default password is 1234.
- How do I access my Voicemail from another phone?
Call 1381 or 9680 1381 and enter your mobile phone number. Enter your password. Default password is 1234.
- How do I access my Voicemail when I’m overseas?
Call +65 9680 1381 and enter your M1 mobile number. Enter your password. Default password is 1234.
- I’ve cancelled my Password Option, why do I still need to enter a password when I access my Voicemail from a fixed line/overseas?
To prevent unauthorised access, you will still be required to enter a password when you access Voicemail via fixed line, another person's mobile phone and overseas.
- What is the default Voicemail Greeting?
Your caller will hear this default greeting with your mobile number when diverted to your Voicemail: “(Your Mobile No.) is not available. At the tone, please record your message. When you have finished recording, you may hang up or press 1 for more options”
- Will my basic Voicemail service be deactivated when I do not use it for a long time?
You should use your Voicemail services regularly. Should you not access your Voicemail for a continuous period of 30 days, all settings will be reset to default settings. Your customised voicemail greeting (if applicable) will also be erased.
- Can I customise my Voicemail Greeting?
Yes, you can customise your Voicemail greeting by recording your name or personalised greeting. Please see “How to Use” under “Voicemail Greeting”.
- Is this service different from Missed Call Alert?
Yes, this service sends you alerts about local missed calls. Missed Call Alert applies only when you are roaming.
- What is the difference between Local Missed Call Alert and the current "missed call" function on the phone?
Local Missed Call Alert is very useful when you need to switch off your phone (e.g. while charging your battery) or when there’s minimum/no coverage, because it tells you whose calls you've just missed.
- What are the criteria necessary for me to enjoy Local Missed Call Alert?
You have to be on postpaid mobile plans. You must not be a subscriber of voicemail services.
This service is not available for M1 Postpaid customer with voicemail service.
- Will payphone/private numbers appear on the phone if my phone is switched off?
No, they will not.
- Where can I sign up for Local Missed Call Alert service?
Just call 1627 to sign up for the service or via Manage My Account.
Are there any registration, subscription and/or usage fees to use the service?
No. SMS received on Local Missed Call Alert service is free of charge.
I missed one call today. How much will I be charged?
There are no charges for SMS received on Local Missed Call Alert service.
Where will I see Local Missed Call Alert reflected on my bill?
It will be printed as part of the free services currently given to your mobile number.
If I have voicemail, will I get to use the Local Missed Call Alert service?
No, Local Missed Call Alert is for customers without Voicemail or Voicemail Plus subscription so that they can be assured of knowing who called them when their phone is off.
How do I ensure that I will receive the Local Missed Call Alert SMS?
Your caller must be:
- Calling from Singapore
- A non-subscriber of ‘Caller Number Non-Display’ service
- Not calling from a private number or public phone
If my phone is switched off and I have voicemail service, will I receive a Local Missed Call Alert?
No, your call will be diverted to Voicemail, allowing your caller to leave a message for you.
If my phone is switched off and I do not have voicemail, will I receive Local Missed Call Alert SMS?
Yes, you will if you have Local Missed Call Alert Service.
If my phone is switched off while I’m in Malaysia and it is switched on later, will I receive any Local Missed Call Alert SMS?
Yes, you will receive the SMS for missed calls while your phone was off in Singapore. If you've missed calls in Malaysia, you will not receive any Local Missed Call Alerts SMS when you switch on your phone.
What is the SMS that I will see on my mobile phone after I miss a call?
You will see an SMS with the following message:
“You have a missed call from
at hh:mm on ddmmyy. This service is brought to you free from M1.”
If I don't want to use the service, can I opt out of it?
Yes, you may do so by calling 1627.