What is Knox Configure (KC)?
Knox Configure is a Cloud-based service that allows enterprise businesses to remotely pre-configure a large number of Samsung devices and tailor them to specific business needs. Once an IT admin registers a device with the service, the device user simply has to turn it on and connect to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G during the initial device setup process. There’s no need for IMEI management and verification, and M1 register your purchased devices on your behalf.
To use Knox Configure, you’ll need the following:
- A compatible Samsung device running min. Knox 2.7.1, purchased from a reseller partner like M1
- A Knox Configure license, purchased from a reseller partner like M1.
How to use Knox Configure (KC)?
You manage Knox Configure for your organization from an online portal in your web browser. We call this the Knox Configure (KC) portal, or often just KC portal when describing Knox Configure. Refer to Samsung Knox Configure Support guideline, to help you complete the following steps:
- Purchase your Samsung devices from M1 and set up a Knox Configure account for your organization at Samsung Knox Portal.
- Create a KC Profile in the portal with your desired configuration.
- Assign your device IMEI to your KC Profile.
You can also use the portal to:
- Activate and deactivate the resellers from whom your organization purchases devices.
- Control access to the portal for IT admin users in your organization.
- Knox Configure can work concurrently with Knox Mobile Enrollment.
- Knox Configure license is required to run this solution.