To begin using DEP, you’ll first need to enroll in Apple Deployment Programs (ADP). You must have the signing authority to enroll on behalf of your business, as you’ll be responsible for agreeing to the terms and conditions for each program you access within ADP. You’ll also be able to set up additional administrators. DEP is available to qualifying businesses that purchase iPad, iPhone, Mac, or Apple TV directly from Apple or participating Apple Authorized Resellers or carriers like M1. Call 1622 for more information.
Step 1: Create an agent account. To begin the enrollment process, go to deploy.apple.com and create your program agent account. You’ll need to provide an email address associated with your business. Consumer email addresses such as Gmail or Yahoo Mail will not be accepted. This email address will be used to create your Apple ID for ADP, which is required before signing in to DEP.
Important Information about Existing Volume Purchase Program (VPP) Accounts
- If you’ve already enrolled your business in VPP, you can use that same program agent account to enroll in DEP. This agent account qualifies as an existing Apple ID for ADP, so you are not required to create a new one.
- Simply sign in to deploy.apple.com with the Apple ID you use for VPP, click Enroll next to the Device Enrollment Program, and fill in the required information
Step 2: Enable two-step verification. Before continuing the enrollment process, you’ll need to verify your email and enable two-step verification through the My Apple ID website. Simply follow the instructions on the website to enable two-step verification. You’ll be given a recovery key, which you should save in a safe place in case you forget your password or lose access to your trusted devices. You’ll receive an email when two-step verification is enabled.
Step 3: Complete the enrollment process. Once you have an account and have enabled two-step verification, you can continue enrollment by providing the following information:
- Verification contact. Enter contact information for an individual who can verify that you have the authority to enroll your organization in the program and has the legal authority to sign for and bind your organization to the DEP terms and conditions.
If you’re a third-party service provider, the organization you’re working with must enter into this agreement and then add you as an administrator. The entity that owns the authorized devices must enroll in the program directly.
- Business information. Enter address information, including a zip or postal code, and a valid D-U-N-S number for your company. D-U-N-S numbers are assigned to qualified businesses by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B), and are maintained in the D&B database. Click here to look up an existing D-U-N-S number or to obtain a new one.
Apple will cross-check program enrollees with the D&B database. If any information you’ve provided doesn’t match the information on file with D&B, you’ll be alerted immediately so you can check the information and correct it. If you feel the information you provided is accurate, please contact D&B to ensure its database records are up to date.
- Apple Customer Number. If you purchase hardware or software directly from Apple, you’ll receive an account number assigned to your organization. This number is required to connect eligible orders and devices to your DEP account. If you don’t know the number, contact your purchasing agent or finance department. Your organization might have multiple Apple Customer Numbers, which you can add during enrollment or on the DEP website once you’re approved.
- DEP Reseller ID. If you purchase hardware or software directly from a participating Apple Authorized Reseller or carrier, you’ll need to provide your reseller’s DEP Reseller ID. If you don’t know this number, contact your reseller. If you purchase from multiple resellers, enter the DEP Reseller ID of each. In addition to providing your reseller’s DEP Reseller ID, you must also tell your reseller to submit your device purchases to the DEP program. Providing the DEP Reseller ID alone is insufficient to enroll your devices in DEP.
Note: If your organization purchases directly from Apple and from a participating Apple Authorized Reseller or carrier, you should enter both your Apple Customer Number and the reseller’s DEP Reseller ID.to verify the eligibility of your organization for the program.
- DEP Customer ID. Once enrolled in the program, you’ll be assigned a DEP Customer ID, found on the DEP website in the menu in the upper right corner next to your name, under “Institution Details.” If you purchase Apple devices from a participating Apple Authorized Reseller or carrier, you will need to provide this number to the reseller or carrier in order to enroll your device purchases into your DEP account.
When you submit your program enrollment form, Apple will review the information provided. During the review process, you and your verification contact may be contacted by phone or email and asked for additional information before your enrollment is approved. Make sure that any mail filters allow mail from all apple.com domains, and return any missed phone calls or emails quickly so the enrollment process can proceed smoothly.
Step 4: Agree to the terms and conditions. When your business is approved, you’ll receive an email from Apple Deployment Programs with the subject line, “You’re Approved.” Before completing the enrollment process, you must agree to the Administrator Terms agreement.